Work in progress – Table Runner

One of my hopes/goals for 2013 is to work on/finish more projects. I have been working on improving my quilting skills and trying to get out of my comfort zone more often.

Otherwise it would be all crazy quilts all the time up in here.

Last year I finished my first Queen size quilt using a pattern (an easy pattern, but a pattern nonetheless). Like most fabric hoarders sewers, I kept all my fabric scraps from the Queen size quilt. I went though my scrap stash and pulled out a few and a few scraps from the fabric I made from my grandmothers painting on Spoonflower.

I thought they would work well for a table runner for our living room coffee table that we picked up at a thriftshop last year for under $5 dollars.

It’s about halfway done in these photos.

I need to finish quilting it, snip threads and then add on a binding. I went for a free form look, I didn’t trim the fabric strips to make them straight and even. I wanted there to be different widths and for it to be uneven in spots.

I had all of the fabric scraps, even the backing is two pieces I sewed together that was from the backing of the Queen quilt. The cotton batting I am using is leftover from the Queen quilt too, so this project isn’t costing me anything and is all from my stash.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.